You are the owner of an Opel vehicle with BlueInjection Technology. We want to make your vehicle cleaner and more environmentally friendly and thus optimize the engine control of the respective Opel models with BlueInjection Technology. This will improve NOx exhaust emission efficiency in real driving situations significantly, mindful of the future emissions standard that comes into force in September 2017.
With this action you can take now, your vehicles will receive Opel’s latest state of technology on the path towards future emission requirements.
No cost for you
The update takes less than 1 hour
HOW TO ADBLUE®?
WHEN TO REFILL?
Cars fitted with the BlueInjection system need regular AdBlue® top-ups also in between recommended service intervals. But don´t worry, an indicator in the dashboard will inform you when levels are running low.
Each AdBlue® tank is equipped with sensors that will trigger a series of messages when the fluid is running low.
There will be three intervals:
- When remaining range = 2,400 km (or lower depending on consumption) - a warning light will shortly be displayed on your on-board computer.
- When remaining range < 1,750 km - a warning will come up and will be repeated every time you turn on the ignition.
- When remaining range = 900 km – a warning will flash until you top up.
Attention! If the AdBlue® tank is depleted, the system will need a full top-up before the car can be restarted.
HOW TO REFILL ADBLUE®?
Top-up yourself thanks to the wide range choice of bottles available. Or just go to your local Opel dealer for the refill.
- The refill port is located next to the diesel fuel filler (or behind an opening in the rear bumper in the case of the Antara).
- The filler cap is colored and can be opened by hand.
- Re-fill can be done with all passenger car compatible bottles and nozzles available at many petrol stations or outlets. Or you use one of the AdBlue® refill pumps available at some gas stations that are specifically designed for passenger vehicles. Do not use truck / commercial vehicle AdBlue® pumps.
- Top-up yourself thanks to the wide range choice of bottles available. Or just go to your local Opel dealer for the refill.
- If small quantities of AdBlue® come into contact with the vehicle’s paintwork, wipe them off and if necessary rinse the area with water.